Mr. Mahbubul Alam
Department of English
Email: [email protected]
Career Objective and Teaching Philosophy: I am looking for an environment where I can get ample opportunity to study and learn and thus make an ambitious walk of life in teaching. I also seek opportunities in a research-based educational institution where my academic background and skills can be exercised to conduct research activities to flourish in an affluent career.
A teacher is a lifelong learner who learns from his students, colleagues, parents, and society once he completes his academic study. I always try my best to learn from all these sources to enrich my knowledge and skills in my field of expertise that I exercise to instill in the minds of my students to bring a positive attitude to the classroom. At the same time, I try to know my students' strengths, weaknesses, and expectations at the very outset. Accordingly, I make my plan to appreciate their skills and take steps to overcome their weaknesses through hard work and perseverance on the part of the students to encourage them to meet their goals.
- Assistant Professor, Department of English, Royal University of Dhaka
- Senior Lecturer, Department of English, Daffodil International University, Ashulia, January 27, 2022 till December 31, 2022
- Lecturer, Department of English, Prince Sattam Bin Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia, September 19, 2021 till December 09, 2021
- Lecturer, Department of English, Jazan University, Saudi Arabia, December 15, 2008 till August 1, 2021
- Instructor, Access English Micro Scholarship Program of US State Department, Language Proficiency Center, Dhaka, ebruary 01, 2007 to December 15, 2008
- Taught English Online under the Deanship of E-learning and Distance Education, Jazan University, September 2012 to January 2019
Ph.D. Research Scholar at Nagaland University, India
MA in English, Islamic University Kushtia, 2004
BA (Hons) in English, Islamic University Kushtia, 2003
- Mohammad Rezaul Karim, Soleman Ali Mondal, Ashraful Hussain, Mahbubul Alam, Mehrdad Nazarieh, "Social Media and Learning of English Language: A Study on the Undergraduate Students of Assam, India", Education Research International, vol. 2022, ArticleID 8238895, 10 pages, 2022ISSN: 2090-4002 (Print)ISSN: 2090-4010 (Online). https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/8238895
- Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain’s Sultana’s Dream: An Avant-Garde of Economic Independence of Women towards Freedom (Jointly written with Nawshan Ara Rima) published in Language Literacy: Journal of Linguistics, Literature and Language Teaching Volume 4, Number 2, pp: 185-195, December 2020 e-ISSN: 2580-9962 | p-ISSN: 2580-8672 DOI: 10.30743/ll.v4i2.2786
- Mahbubul Alam, Nawshan Ara Rima, “Motivational EFL Classroom Strategies and Effective Teaching”, International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities, vol. 7, issue 12, December 2019.
- Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain: An Unknown Voice of Bengal. Published in the Proceedings of 7th Malaysian International Conference on Languages Literatures and Cultures (MICOLLAC 2012), University Putra Malaysia, Putra Jaya, Malaysia.ISBN: 978-967-960-315-6.
- Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain: An Unknown Voice of Bengal. Extended version has been published in the journal of Sino-US English Teaching, Volume-10, Number-8, August 2013, USA. ISSN 1539-8072
- The God of Small Things: Speech Against Silence. (Jointly Written with Prof. Dr. Mizanur Rahman) Published in From Bondages to Emancipation: Women in English Literature, 2012, Author’s Press, Maharashtra, India. ISBN 978-81-7273-656-9
- The God of Small Things: An Analysis from ‘Green Studies’ Perspective. (Jointly Written with Prof. Dr. Mizanur Rahman) has been Published in the GSTF Journal on Education, August 2013, Volume-1, Number-1, Global Science and Technology Forum, Singapore. ISSN 2345-7171
- Presented my Research Paper titled Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain’s Sultana’s Dream: An Avante Garde of Economic Independence of Women towards Freedom in the 10th Malaysian International Conference on Languages Literatures and Cultures (MICOLLAC 2018) on 14th& 16th July, 2018 organized by University Putra Malaysia, Putra Jaya, Malaysia.
- Presented my Research Paper under the caption Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain: An Unknown Voice of Bengal in the 7th Malaysian International Conference on Languages Literatures and Cultures (MICOLLAC 2012) on 10th& 11th July, 2012 organized by University Putra Malaysia, Putra Jaya, Malaysia.
- Presented my Research Paper titled Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things: An Analysis from Gynocritical Perspective in an academic seminar organized by the Department of English, Jazan University, Held on the Academic Year of 2010-2011.
- Presented my Research Paper titled Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things: An Analysis from Marxist Critical Perspective in an academic seminar organized by the Department of English, Jazan University, Held on the Academic Year of 2015-2016.
Participation in International Webinars
1. FDP on Teaching English Online organized by Lendi Institute of Engineering and Technology, India on 27-31 May 2020.
2. FDP on Language and Literature Organized by Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, India on 4-10 June 2020.
3. Webinar on Traditional Classroom vs Digital platform Classroom organized by ASDF International, UK. On 10 June 2020.
4. One Week Faculty Development Programme on "Open Source Tools for Research" Organized by University of Delhi, India from June 08 - June 14, 2020.