Mr. Malay Sarker
Associate Professor & Head
Department of Hotel Management & Tourism
Email: [email protected]
- Pursuing PhD under Management Studies Department in Jagannath University, Dhaka from July, 2022. Proposed title is Impacts of Green Human Resource Management Practices on Organizational Sustainability: A Study on Hospitality sector of Bangladesh. Expected completion year is June 2025.
- Passed Masters of Business Administration major in Human Resource Management from IBAIS University, Bangladesh in the year 2010.
- Passed Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management from the University of Madras, India in the year 2000.
- Associate Professor and Head, Department of Hotel Management and Tourism, Royal University of Dhaka, Banani, Dhaka. ( 2021Apr. – Present)
- Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Hotel Management and Tourism, Royal University of Dhaka, Banani, Dhaka. (2018 Apr. – 2021 Mar.)
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, Royal University of Dhaka, Banani, Dhaka. (2010 Sep. - 2018 Mar.)
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, IBAIS University, Dhanmondi, Dhaka. (2005 Jun. – 2010 Apr.)
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management (ITHM), Dhanmondi, Dhaka. (2007 Nov. – 2010 Aug.)
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Hotel Management, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute (BSDI), Dhanmondi, Dhaka. (2005 May. – 2007 May.)
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Hotel Management, Western Institute of Business and Technology (WIBT), Dhanmondi, Dhaka. (2002 Mar. - 2004 Apr.)
- Sarker, Malay. “Threats and Opportunities of Farmers and Development of Agro-Tourism in Bangladesh.” International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science (IJRISS), Vol. 5, no. 7, 2021, pp. 607-611. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.47772/IJRISS.2021.5731.
- Sarker, Malay. “Problems and Prospects of the Coastal and Marine Tourism in Bangladesh.” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Quest (IJMQ), Vol. 4, no. 1, 2021, pp. 49-59
- Sarker, Malay. “Tourism in Bangladesh: Focuses on Sports Tourism”, International Journal of Enhanced Research in Management & Computer Applications, Vol. 7, no. 3, 2018, pp. 224-229. Link: http://www.erpublications.com/ uploaded_files/download/malay- sarker_VUdDP.pdf
- Sarker, Malay, & Shil, Niranjan “Threats and Opportunities of Tourism Industry in Bangladesh”, Explorer, Journal of Faculty of Arts, IBAIS University, vol.1, no.2, 2008, pp. 131-143.
- Sarker, Malay, Shil, Niranjan, & Ghosh, Sonjit K. “Sustainable Development of Eco-Tourism in the southern part of Bangladesh”, Explorer, Journal of Faculty of Arts, IBAIS University, vol.1, no.1, 2008, pp. 105-119.
Training and Workshop
- Successfully completed eleven-day training program on “Professional Training for Capacity Development of IQAC” held from 05th June to 16th June, 2022 organized by Bangladesh Accreditation Council (BAC).
- Successfully completed two-day “Workshop on Outcome Based Education (OBE) Curriculum” held from 11th May to 12th May, 2022 organized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Successfully completed one month “Advance Training Course on Research Methodology” held from 20th May to 21st June, 2012 organized by Bangladesh Peace and Development Mission (BPDM) at NAEM.
- Successfully participated in the Daylong Workshop on “Basic Food Hygiene” held in IBAIS University on March 29, 2009 organized by Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, IBAIS University.
- Undergone three months industrial training in 5-star Hotel Ashok, Bangalore, India; in the department of Housekeeping, F&B Production and F&B Service.
Founder Member of Tourism Educators Association of Bangladesh (TEAB)